- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE This high output steam humidifier was designed with electrode technology and manufactured in the U.S.A. by Aprilaire – the inventor of the whole home evaporative humidifier, and the leader in indoor air quality solutions.
- WALL MOUNT FAN pushes humidified air into living space for homes without an HVAC duct system.
- FULL COVERAGE up to 5,200 square feet in tightly built homes. Choose from 6 levels of output adding 11.5 to 34.6 gallons of moisture into the air per day based on voltage and installation
- IDEAL FOR homes in arid, desert climates and in areas with milder winters.
- MAINTAIN OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE by replacing the canister annually and replacing the electrode wires every 3 years.
- PURIFIED WATER NOT REQUIRED Electrode technology requires impurities in the water to promote the transfer of electricity. Water filtration is not recommended – minimizing installation complexity and operating costs.
- NO WHITE FILM OR DUST is left behind for you to clean up like other steam humidifiers. Aprilaire humidifier just provide clean, humidified air.
- MANUAL HUMIDIFIER with a single sensor built into the standard control monitors indoor relative humidity for use in manually setting the percent humidity in your home.
- CONVENIENT DIGITAL CONTROL shows percent humidity, lights indicate humidifier is running and when service is needed, and Blower Activation switch sets humidifier to run continually, or only when the furnace runs
- HUMIDITY FOR HEALTH Aprilaire Humidifiers can help you maintain optimal humidity in your home of 40% – 60% which has been shown to reduce the incidence of respiratory infections and symptoms related to allergies and asthma by minimizing the formation of bacteria and viruses, fungi, and dust mites. In addition, you’ll feel more comfortable while also preserving items in your home susceptible to damage from changing humidity or dry conditions.
*AHRI Guideline F for Average Construction homes, https://www.ahrinet.org/App_Content/ahri/files/Guidelines/AHRI_Guideline_F_SI_2015.pdf
Aprilaire introduced the first evaporative humidifier for forced air furnace systems back in 1954. Since that time, Aprilaire continues to lead the industry in whole home humidification systems – including steam humidifiers. Aprilaire steam humidifiers use electrode technology and are simple to install, operate, and maintain. With electrode technology, electrical current flows between submerged electrodes, resistance of the water to the electric current heats the water. The submerged electrodes are found in a replaceable canister. At the end of a humidifier season, the canister – including the electrodes, is replaced. No cleaning, no scrubbing, simply replace the canister and you’re ready for the next humidifier season. Electrode technology requires impurities in the water to promote the transfer of electricity. For this reason, water filtration is not required with electrode technology, minimizing the complexity of the installation and on-going operating costs. This unit will operate with water hardness between 3 and 36 grains – a very wide range. If reverse osmosis or deionized water is present, plumb the steam humidifier to a water line before the water flows through the reverse osmosis or deionization equipment.
Included in the box: Installation instructions, steam humidifier, dispersion tube, steam hose (6 feet), 7/8 inch drain tubing (10 feet), hose clamps, saddle valve, mounting screws, Model 80 steam canister.